LEGOS of LOVE

Alex & Laura Waits

“Therefore encourage one another and build up one another, just as you also are doing.” 1 Thessalonians 5:11

Our oldest son, Aidan, loves everything LEGO.   Like many boys his age, he plots and plans his next building, his next mini-fig and his next stop-animation movie.   Aidan’s heart for Honduras includes sharing his love of Legos with the boys and girls of Puerto Lempira.

With this in mind, Aidan is kicking off his LEGOS of LOVE ministry.    If you find any LEGOS at garage sales, thrift stores or in your own stash that need a new home, let us know.  We will make arrangements to take them to Honduras with us at Spring Break and when we move.    Your contribution and prayers for this ministry will encourage Aidan to make an impact with boys and girls who have few toys of their own.

We look forward to sharing with you how God uses one boy’s heart to build friendships and share the love of Christ in a very natural way.   To send LEGOS, leave a comment below and I will e-mail you our address.  Thank you!

Be sure to take pictures of yourself collecting LEGOS and we will post them here to encourage other boys and girls.

10 Comments. Leave new

Justin’s room is overflowing with Legos! I would love to have him pick some of his Legos to send to Honduras. Just let me know the particulars on what you want (full sets vs. odds and ends) and I will box them up and send them to you. I can probably recruit some of Justin’s other “Lego junkie” friends to do the same! I love this idea.

Dear Aidan,

What kinds of legos.
Because I am a big fan of legos too.
because I need to know what kind
of legos I need to get.

Reach Out Honduras
January 26, 2010 1:26 pm

Isaac – Do we know you? Do you live close by? Any kind of Legos are super. Thanks, Aidan’s Mom

Isaac’s mom here. Our daughter Gracie is a fellow foster mom and friend (sharing of blogs) of your mom from AL.

You might tell the date the Legos need to be in your possession and an address to send them to on your website. I may have overlooked it. Glad you are taking these to the children. Bless you all.

Becky

Dear Aidan,

I have a lot and lot of legos
Aidan so don’t forget!

Wondering if we can stuff these in Enrichment mailboxes….

Reach Out Honduras
January 30, 2010 10:33 am

Sounds great, Jen. Let me know who to contact about this. Love ya!

My children have some Legos to send; please send me your address. We will mail them ASAP. We are encouraged by what you are doing!

Reach Out Honduras
February 27, 2010 8:05 pm

Just sent you an e-mail with our address. If you don’t get it, let me know via facebook! Thank you, Melissa, for spurring us all on!

Robbin Falcone- Director Mission Possible Kids First United Methodist Church Plano
May 17, 2010 11:39 am

Aiden,

Our Agents for Mission Possible Kids at First Church Plano have made “legos of Love” our mission for the month of May. We would like to invite you and your family to come to our end of year MPKids program day on 5/23 at the 11am service to help us celebrate our year of success and to present you with the Legos we have collected so far.

We would be so excited if you would be our special guests. God Bless Aiden. Let us know if you and your family can attend.